Every mom deserves to know how much you love her, especially on Mother’s Day. Perhaps you’re cooking a dazzling meal, setting up a serene home spa or getting them one of our extraordinarily personalized Mother’s Day Books (why not do all of the above?). But once you have a Mother’s Day gift, what do you write?
Moms are heroes, huggers, superstars, magicians, brilliantly impressive – the list goes on, pretty much, forever. So, we understand the conundrum you face trying to fit all your love for a mom into a couple of characters. Whether it’s your very own mom, your mother-in-law or a best friend who’s just learning the ropes of motherhood, we want to help you find the most splendid words for them. With this list of heartwarming, silly and genuine Mother’s Day messages, we hope we can inspire you to make a mom feel magnificently appreciated.
Generic Mother’s Day wishes
• You are the #1 mom in the multiverse. Happy Mother’s Day!
• “For your wisdom, your kindness, for showing you care. For listening always, for just being there. For your love, your courage, and your laughter too, for so many reasons, dear Mummy… Thank you.” – Words from Thank You, Mommy
• If you’re reading this it means the breakfast tray made it up the stairs and onto the bed without any mishaps (I hope). Happy Mother’s Day!
• Happy Mother’s Day! Now it’s your turn to be completely and utterly spoilt.
• Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks for making sure I was the one who got the good looks, brains AND wit! Never mind about the modesty. Love you.
Mother’s Day greetings
• Happy Mother’s Day to the person who looks after us and makes us feel endlessly loved! You might not wear a cape, but you’re our hero..
• Happy Mother’s Day to the best mommy in the world. You amaze us every day and we are so incredibly lucky to have you. We love you.
• Happy Mother’s Day to the person who makes us giggle and grin, whatever mood we’re in. You’re our absolute rock.
• Happy Mother’s Day to the kindest, wisest, warmest person I know. You’re amazing! I love you and hope you have a very special day.
• Happy Mother’s Day to the best hug-giver, bruise-soother, snack-maker and entertainer in the world! You’re a marvel and we are so lucky to have you. Have an amazing Mother’s Day.
Inspirational Mother’s Day messages
• Happy Mother’s Day! You’re the master of sniffles, snot and ENDLESS snuggles (at least until they’re teenagers). You’re amazing!
• Happy Mother’s Day! I am so proud of everything that you’ve accomplished as an individual and a mom. You’re a superstar, don’t ever forget that.
• Happy Mother’s Day! It’s a wild ride that you make look incredibly easy. Bravo!
• Happy Mother’s Day! I’m always amazed by your dedication, hard work and unconditional love. You inspire me every day. You are so loved!
• Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for teaching us how to be strong, fearless and compassionate. You’re a role model and the best Mom anyone could ever ask for.
Mother’s Day messages from a daughter
• Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend. I love you more than you know. You are an amazing mother and I’m proud to be your daughter.
• Happy Mother’s Day! You always inspire me to be the best daughter I can be with your strength, compassion and kindness. I love you a million times and more.
• Happy Mother’s Day! Without you, I literally wouldn’t be here, which is pretty wild. Almost as wild as your amazing stories, endless love and incredible cuddles. I love you so much.
• Happy Mother’s Day to the first love of my life, the soother of my worries, my confidante in everything. I’d be lost without you. You are the best mum anyone could ask for.
• And Mum of the year, decade and century goes to…YOU! You are strong, resilient and funnier than anyone I know, the best mum anyone could ask for. I am thankful and wildly lucky to call you mine. Happy Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day card messages
• Happy Mother’s Day! We love you more than your tickles, and we LOVE your tickles. Thank you for everything you do for us, you’re the best.
• Happy Mother’s Day! You mean the world to us. Thank you for being our biggest fan. Thank you for your endless love and support. We love you forever. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
• There aren’t enough words to describe how much you’re loved, but this card will have to do. Happy Mother’s Day to the very best.
• I know I tell you every day, but here it is written down so it’s extra important: I love you, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
• Another year, another card, another message saying I couldn’t possibly love you more. And yet, each day I do! Happy Mother’s Day.
Roving Word Wizardess Favourite childhood book: The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde. My dad used to cry (he cries a lot at books) reading this to me, and now I get rather wet eyes reading it to my daughter. The illustrations are so beautiful, too. Most gifted Wonderbly book: The Wondrous Road Ahead. It manages to turn big conversations into magical moments that can be understood by little people. When I’m not reading I’m: Looking for fairies in the woods. They’re pretty sneaky but I’m determined to find them!